Subject: Re: Don't Quit Your Day Job
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 18:02:35 -0500

In a message dated 96-01-14 21:53:59 EST, you write:

>
>I am in the same situation as a software developer working for a large 
>company.  Are you doing game development as a freelancer or are you 
>employed?  I would be happy to go to work for a game company doing 
>lightwave if I could keep my 50K+ salary and comparable benefits.  It 
>would be nice to not have to move out of Silicon valley.  I have heard of 
>several large game companies in the area looking for animators.  I am not 
>a highly-skilled LWer, since it is a hobby (for several years, though).
>
>

     We're located in Providence, Ri. Kind of a strange place for a
technology company, but whatever works.. I am employed full time, and we have
a few part time people who are currently in school also working on our game.
Video game work is a lot different, but I find it more interesting since I
have to come up with more tricks to get the same output. And being able to
move around in your lightwave built environments, fighting with lightwave
built monsters, is really a cool benifit..